So how about a little tribute now, if I pay my last respects here maybe I can have some closure on my checkered whorish car-buying ways and finally move on.
And the first award goes to:
- Best Value Car Owned By Me- 1992 Honda Prelude-- In 1995 I purchased this used with about 12,000 miles on it from my friend's friend-- well I think she was actually sleeping with him (you know who you are:). It was a sweet ride, and even though it was kind of pimped out-- white exterior, white leather interior with black piping and trim, I felt right at home in it.
- Best Free Car Owned By Me- 2001 BMW Z3-- Well since there was only one free car, it would be the obvious winner in this category. And they don't just hand these things out-- I won it for being salesperson of the year at the company I had been with for 11 years... yep, I was pretty much thinking the same thing... I rock, hard.
- Most Dangerous Car Owned By Me- 1996ish? Grand Jeep Cherokee-- This car was purchased new, and definitely goes into the What the Hell Was I Thinking category (there were a couple members in that special group). And it was the most dangerous vehicle because every time I got out of the car and went to shut the door, I got shocked! Like seriously shocked! It was crazy... and of course, painful... wtf?
- Most Ridiculous and Short-Lived Car- 2004 Lincoln Navigator-- don't know why I thought I needed this beast, which incidentally won a real award for worst reliability. This vehicle lasted 3 months with us.
- Most Practical Car Owned By Me- 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition-- seriously this car is the shit. Black with tan leather. DVD player (what? do you have another way to stop the chaos?), about 50 cupholders-- alright seriously, I think there's 18 or 20. Minivan (that's American for "peoplemover") style doors which slide open, so I can stop dinging people's cars, I'm actually a better person when I'm with these doors, they complete me. I know this cars sounds like a dream-- and it is. And for the low, low price of about $23,000 (or best offer) it can all be yours-- no seriously, it's still in my driveway in Florida and it gots to go.
Oh, I almost forgot-- there was the expensive, but unreliable one (my husband's) which I sold on eBay before we moved to Australia--- in twelve hours-- cash deposited right into our bank account! I should have made it an award for Most Easily Offloaded Car.
Okay, I know this is going to be shocking, and I really was fer sure that we would not be playing musical cars here in Australia.... but guess who after one year here, went for the trade in--- well, it wasn't me. And that's because I already knew you couldn't drive two preschoolers around in a convertible with a backseat built for people with no legs. Right-- not short legs... NO legs.
My husband has a new cah. And what he doesn't know, is that I'm gonna steal it-- and listen-- DO NOT GO TELLING HIM. He thinks he's just going to take my car in to be fixed (from the DeRanged Rover accident) and I'll use the new car for a few days-- but he really should know better. And the best part is that I already let him read the draft of this post, and know he is much too busy to reread it.
So far, I think we've done a good job instilling the need to constantly change what you drive depending on your mood. Yep, you probably know what I gonna say-- start 'em young.