- I think Easter is the biggest holiday in Australia. It's like Christmas and Valentines Day just slide by with barely a whimper, but Easter-- wow, Australians really love them some Easter. It's like the Vegemite of holidays.
- My new Blackberry Bold is da bomb. If you don't have one, I would highly recommend running out and getting one RIGHT NOW. It's like having the tiniest laptop ever, in the palm of your hand. Holy shit it's awesome. Thanks Corrina for making my cell phone dreams a reality by giving me the 411 on what's what.
- A couple of weeks ago we preordered hamburgers from our butcher. When we went to pick them up they cost like five million dollars and weighed as much as twenty solid gold bars. They were basically triple the size of what we normally buy there. Someone must have thought they were getting over on us-- and they did because my husband picked them up, and he's the calm one in the family. They totally lucked out.
- My mom is coming to Sydney on Sunday and I am having my own one-woman-ho-down in celebration.
- It's fall here but I keep calling it spring; sure feels like spring to me. My five year old told me he learnt in school the other day that he's a spring baby... his birthday's in November. It's all really messed up man.
- My kids, and according to some other mothers, their classmates as well, have been having major after school meltdowns the last couple of weeks. The teachers say it's really common at the end of the first term of school. A mother in our class who I was chatting with said the reality is it can go on for years. That all being said, does it seem like a good idea to put this outside the four and five year old's classrooms at pick up time?
Needless to say, my four year old, known to some as Captain Chaos, who isn't usually thrown into a rage over juice, screamed like I was killing him all the way to the car and kept it going all the way home. At our parent teacher conference that I evening I thought it'd be wise to capture on film the table which caused the kid so much distress.
I'm actually so re-traumatized after reliving the juice episode, I think it's best to stop here.