Friday, April 25, 2008

Why Can't I Pay at the Pump?

You can't miss what you never had, right? I guess Australians don't know what they're missing with pay at the pump gas (aka- petrol) stations.

I read the blog of an Australian in America-- and she was confused, and seemingly irritated, that you were supposed to pay for your gasoline at the pump... baffling!

The incredible inconvenience that ensues having to un-carseat two preschoolers, take them into the gas station, wait in line while trying to prevent them from ripping every piece of gum and candy (aka- lollies) off the shelves, pay, then re-carseat them is really-- well let's just say -- it be bad!



Share

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey flgirl!!

Having two toddlers, I know exactly what you mean. Usually I avoid getting petrol altogether unless my husband is there with me so one of us can watch the boys and the other one can pump/go in and pay. Ugh.

You know that Mobile stations used to have pay at the pump? You could only use your EFTPOS card, but still... Sadly they were bought out by United up here, and no more...booo...

Anonymous said...

can't you just lock them in the car in their carseats? Is that illegal there?
Car-less in NYC-
Lisa

Laura said...

Hey is this my girl Lisa??
Girlfriend-- those boys can undo their carseats and jump out of the car (onto the highway!). And so many other reasons-- fire, flood, strangers...
It's just insanely inconvenient no matter how you slice it!
btw-- I need the Goyard- can't find it in Australia-- what to do??

Anonymous said...

You can pay at the pump here in Melbourne so maybe it's just a Sydney things

Laura said...

Oh man, I haven't been to Melbourne yet-- I am so jealous of your gas-getting.

Miss Bee said...

Ooh, I am jealous of Melbourne gas-getting too! We don't have pay-at-teh-pump in Adelaide either.

Laura said...

I think we've got a real business opportunity here.